Banana pancakes, or hotcakes, or whatever they are with fresh berries and lemon curd
(this recipe is gonna be enough to ya average family, plus a cling-on or two)
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup milk
80g unsalted butter, melted
400g self raising flour
a pinch of salt
a large pinch of castor sugar
2-3 bananas, sliced
lemon curd to serve
fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, mulberries or whatever you like, to serve
- sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- in another bowl, whisk butter and eggs together, then add milks
- make a well in the middle of dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and mix until just combined (a few lumps in the mix is ok. If you over-mix, the fluffy pancakes you are expecting will be nothing but a thought, a fleeting moment in time)
- heat a little oil and butter in a pan over a low heat
- add dollops of pancake batter and put a few slices of banana on top of each one (make sure there is enough room in the pan to have some space between pancakes or you’ll just end up with one big mess… it’ll still taste ok though)
- now don’t touch the pancakes. Resist temptation. Please. Once bubbles are starting to appear you can peel back an edge and if they are golden brown then flip ‘em. Don’t be tempted to press down on pancakes. Just let them do their thang
- within minutes you should have nice fluffy, golden pancakes
- keep first batch in a warm spot or maybe in the oven (so that you and all the crew you were partying with last night can eat at the same time) and keep cooking the rest of the pancakes in batches
- dust liberally with icing sugar. Serve with lemon curd and berries of your choice. Yum yum a la gouche
4 lemons, juice and zest
200g unsalted butter
350g castor sugar
- combine lemon juice, zest, sugar and butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved
- add eggs off heat stirring continuously. Do not stop stirring.
- place back onto low heat. Keep stirring until mix thickens and coats the back of a spoon
- immediately transfer into mixing bowl and stir some more so it doesn’t turn into lemon flavoured scrambled eggs
6 responses to “banana pancakes, or hotcakes, or whatever they are with fresh berries and lemon curd”
love the stats…1005 of me wants more stats 🙂
comin your way…
thats was meant to say 100% of me….
i liked the 1005 of you… it sounds like my children talking. i love it 897 good.
Miss this dish… Seriously Amazing balls!