Well thankyou very much to Kate at itcanbecomlikated for this little blogland award. It’s always nice to get these little acknowledgements and proof that someone is still reading this shit!
– Nominate TEN bloggers and notify them of the nomination
– Acknowledge the blogger who passed on the Sunshine Blog Award
– Answer the TEN questions outlined below
Easy. Let’s rock ‘n’ roll!
- one man’s meat
- pantry obsession
- a conscious appetite
- cooking in sens
- vittle monster
- mud on my sneakers
- man fuel
- patrons of the pit
- chomp and slurp
- What inspired you to start blogging? After watching “Julie and Julia” in a painkiller induced haze it seemed like a good idea…
- How did you come up with the name for your blog? I can’t actually remember. See first answer.
- What is your favourite blog to read? One mans meat. Conner Boffin is a guy who cooks good stuff and takes good photos of what he cooks and writes funny stuff about the food and photos.
- Tell about your dream job. I’m living it! I truly love feeding people. And there’s something about a busy service that gets me going too…
- Is your glass half full or half empty? It doesn’t really matter because they’re both going to equal the same amount. And now should I see if I could name a fish that doesn’t have an “E” in it?
- If you could go anywhere for a week’s vacation, where would you go? I really want to eat in South America somewhere at the moment, so that would be the obvious choice. There’s a place over there run by an ex-Michelin starred chef, who now cooks only using fire and coals. A meal at his restaurant features a heap of different meats and vegetables cooked over coal in different styles. Spit roasted lamb, pumpkins buried in coals underground, baby calf butterflied and grilled over low coals on an awesome looking Jesus cross type contraption. I think I may have drooled a little on my keyboard.
- What food can you absolutely not eat? I don’t like the thought of the cooked three week old duck egg/embryo… it makes me feel a little sick, but I think I’m good for pretty much anything else.
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Dark for cooking and occasionally milk chocolate to shove in my face for a little extra energy.
- How much time do you spend blogging? As much as it takes.
- Do you watch tv – if so, what are some of your favourite shows? Anthony Bourdains “No Reservations”, any food show actually…
Thanks again. We love you guys. We really do… too much cheese? Can you ever really have too much cheese?