Another blogland award… Nope… Three! Three blog awards to go with the 12.12.12 thing. Awesome!
Well, I don’t want to sound like I’m getting cocky because we all know that is Pauly’s job on team foodisthebestshitever, but this week I have discovered three more nominations for blog awards (granted one was from a while back but that’s what happens when you hit the big-time. Things slip through the gaps. But not you peeps, you will never slip through. I shall remember the little guy… mostly because he is a stinky little carnie who won’t turn Fleetwood Mac down!). I have noticed with blogland awards that there is a certain amount of criteria you have to fulfil to accept the award, which can be a little time consuming. I’m a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-do-whatever-the-eff-I-want kinda guy, so I figure I can just sort the whole lot out at once and get it over with so I can go back to talking about food. So if it seems a tad regurgitated that’s because it is. I will not sugar coat it for you. If it was a donut, totally different story. I would sugar coat the shit out of that… Now, I don’t want to seem rude but… actually, I love sounding rude. Different type of rude though maybe…
I also think it needs to be noted that someone should get onto designing some decent logos for these awards. K? K.
My theory is simple. I combine all of the awards in one crazy mash-up and answer the requirements for three blog awards in one foul swoop. I shall call it the “foodisthebestshitever award for simplicity, getting on with poking fun at life and just being tops in general”. On with the show!
The rules (what rules), if nominated…
• Answer 7 random questions about yourself (as asked by nominator)
• State 7 random facts about yourself
• Nominate up to 7 other bloggers who are kick-ass
• Ask 7 random questions to those you nominate, make them up yourself or use the same ones if you aren’t smart enough
• Should do it I think… nice and simple
1. What would be your last three-course meal before you die?
G. Pork all the way. Skip dessert for more pork.
P. Pizza/full cooked breaky with everything possible/duck pancakes.
2. If you could have dinner with anybody, whom would you dine with?
G. All of my friends and family. The best people I know.
P. I’d pick 2 friends to dine with Lauren (my partner) and I. I love small groups as I get to talk more…
3. If you were given the task to achieve world peace, how would you achieve this objective?
G. Feed everybody.
H. I’m definitely a feeder, so I’d feed them all.
4. If you could sleep with any celebrity past or present (clearly not future because that’s just fucked up), who would it be and why?
G. Princess Leah from Star Wars. My first love. I think you don’t really ever get over those… we could have been good together.
P. Kate Beckensale (not sure of spelling) really do have a thing for this one…
5. What would you change about yourself and why?
G. Not much that needs changing here. A perfect mix of wit and boyish good looks and charm.
P. FUCK ALL… (alright maybe I swear too much).
6. If you could be anyone but yourself, who would it be and why?
G. You! (That’s just to freak you out)
P. I actually love myself so much that this is hard to answer…
7. If you had an invisibility cloak for the day, what would you do?
G. You seriously can’t see me behind you right now can you?
P. Masturbate a lot!!!!
7 Random Facts About Myself… Grazza
1. I am quite tall. I am 6’4″ish. I’m pretty sure that’s tall. A lot of people tell me I’m tall, but that may just be because I live in a community of very observant midgets.
2. I used to own a skateboard company and indoor skatepark. I don’t skate so much anymore because I am an old man, and I whinge a lot about my knees and ankles hurting.
3. I think I am at least reasonably funny. Well, I know there are heaps of people in the world who aren’t funny at all anyway.
4. I love the Star Wars movies. They are my favourite movies to watch ever. My actual single favourite movie would be Snatch, or maybe Fight Club.
5. I am in the process of writing a comic book and two cook books. One of the cook books I am writing with Pauly and should hopefully be out early next life time.
6. I love old skool sneakers.
7. I can wield a spray can with a certain level of effect. Mostly in my house and on canvases but I also do mural workshops for local communities.
7 Random Facts About Myself… Pauly
1. I’m English.
2. I was born in England.
3. I have an English passport.
4. I love jeruselum artichokes.
5. Wheelbarrow is one of my favourite words.
6. I don’t like porn.
7. I with all my heart think I am hilarious.
And my nominations for the inaugural Foodisthebestshitever award…
1. Man Fuel… http://manfuel.wordpress.com/ I love a good story about meat smoking (no, that’s not code), slow roasting, barbequing and “blokey” food in general. Add restaurant reviews and things of the like and Man Fuel is there for you.
2. A Conscious Appetite… http://aconsciousappetite.com/ This young lady likes good food. Therefore I like her… or her blog… or something.
3. One Mans Meat… http://conorbofin.com/ Conor Bofin is a guy who writes with a certain amount of “proper-ness”, but his dry wit is funny as… well… funny stuff. After the humour the great recipes are a bonus.
4. Cooking In Sens… http://cookinginsens.wordpress.com/ Great recipes, great photo’s, great food = great reading!
5. Real Italian Dish… http://realitaliandish.wordpress.com/ The real life adventures of Alberto Cook. Broken English. Great, simple recipes. And he likes my shit!
6. Pantry Obsession… http://pantryobsession.wordpress.com/ Our favourite supporter hands down! Vodka fueled stories of an obsession with ones pantry.
7. It Can Be Complikated… http://itcanbecomplikated.wordpress.com/ Great stories of growing up in country Australia and a heap of other things. Just a damn good read!
Special thanks to my mate Micky for the graphic!