Paul’s Caul… Typos and all
So the bar has been raised, what the hell does that mean? Because if we were speaking about limbo then shit just got real easy, but if you’re speaking of a metaphorical level of hardness, and I think we all want that! Then what I’m saying is we have been entrusted with a new challenge that I think to be not hard, but definitely challenging (hence the name I guess, god damn genius here)
The challenge is to create a 5-6 course menu with each course from a different country, so to make things easier I will stop the confusion and make it 5 courses… and since both G-bags and I like to share we are going to go course for course, now I hear you all say “that Paul isn’t just a shit speller, he can’t add up either” well I may be many things but a bad mathmatition I am not… (Like what I did there)
I’m going to go out on a limb here, and lets hope it’s a sturdy limb as I’m not in the best shape I’ve ever been in J I was thinking we could do 2 courses each and then you guys, the people, the public and now the judges can decide who if any of us write the final course… VOTE 1 PAUL!!!!
Brilliant idea until none of you vote and we end up looking like a pair of self serving twats, with a blown up vision of how much you all care about what goes on here in Blog Land (I even used capitals in case it is a real place) but regardless I’m going to run with this marvelous idea, unless G edits it out.
So I’m getting to kick things off, and I’m starting with Australia and this is for several reasons…
1. Its where we live
2. Hoping to sway the voting public by being patriotic
3. It begins with A which also happens to be the first letter of our national alphabet
4. I wrote an Australian themed menu last week for another project and I’m extremely lazy
5. See point 4
I did forget to mention that the challenge was meant to have a certain sexiness to it, a little something to get the juices flowing, something to get Oliver the pink chimney sweep up the skin chimney of love… you get me? Basically people once again are turning to us to help them get laid, BWAHAHAHA…. Seriously people is it that hard to get some loving, surely just some old-fashioned manors and a shit load of booze will do the trick. But to try and make food any sexier then it already is well, just about impossible. Unless you start with phallic objects and connotations, but that’s not cool and we don’t condone banana splits that look like huge vaginas, as funny as they are, we’re cooler then that!!!
That’s right you heard it here first, we here at foodisthebestshitever are cooler then huge vaginas!!!!
Back to my chosen dish, it is ‘Kangeroo tataki & ginger salsa finshed with coopers stout’ now I realize its far from a tradional Australian dish but really what could be more Australian then roo, coopers and the blending of different cultures… VOTE 1 PAUL J
Roo tataki & ginger salsa finished with cooper’s stout.
200g loin fillet (kangaroo of course)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated or chopped fine)
1 teaspoon pickled ginger (sliced fine)
2 spring onions (finely sliced)
1 tablespoon tamari (wheat soy, it’s the balls!)
1 long neck of Cooper’s stout
• Firstly trim the loin of any sinew or fat, then simply seal it in a hot pan or on a grill/bbq until its cooked about 3mm in the meat all the way round, then rest for a few minutes and roll up in glad wrap to give it a nice round shape… put to one side
• In a bowl add all other ingredients other then the stout together, then add about 1 tablespoon of the stout… place to one side
• Now simply slice the roo into 2-3 mm slices and arrange on a plate/bowl or in keeping with the theme maybe you could turn an old can of beer into a vessel (much like a can bong but without the holes J ) maybe 4-5 slices per serve
• Now spoon a small amount of the ginger salsa over it
• Now for the magic, just before you serve it, and I mean just before if not at the bloody table (very ozzie) pour a good splash of stout over the dish so it’s still fizzing as they eat….
BAM! There’s the first course done and dusted, lets see where G-bags Mc filthy mouth will take us next… but given the fact I’ve done Australia we will definitely need passports and jabs of some kind 😉