search instagram arrow-down

Recent Posts

Categories

Join 703 other followers

Pages

Instagrazza

Follow foodisthebestshitever on WordPress.com

Chicken nugget type things… made by you… at home

home made chicken nuggets
Here you go. Another easy-assed recipe for the kids to get in and be a part of, and eat the shit out of to boot. Sure it’s fine if you want to feed your kids those stinky shit chicken nuggets from the freezer section at the local supermarket (yeah, the place where the idea of good food goes to die a slow, painful death, with wire in it’s eyes and everything), but just as long as you’re not thinking that you are actually feeding your kids a nice bit of chicken. You need to accept the fact that you are feeding your kids crap – ground up chicken face crap. But I guess it’s still chicken, so that’s why they get to call them chicken nuggets, eh.

It is true I’m not here to tell you how to raise your kids. I’m more the guy that you turn to when you’re in need of a little chuckle, whether that be because you think I’m funny or you’re just laughing at the grasp I just barely have on the English language, either way that’s a win for me.

So if I am not making you laugh today, not making your very funny bone tingle with elation, then may I suggest The Anchorman. No, not that guy in the trench coat who is always at the wharf offering passers by a peek at his anchor tattoo, I would suggest watching the movie “The Anchorman”. That is some really funny shit. No matter how many times I’ve seen that film I still laugh myself stupid (yeah I know, that could be more of a small giggle for the desired result) at Ron Burgundy trying to talk his way out of his massive erection with new reporter, Veronica Corningstone… and everything Brick Tamland says. Everything he says. I feel a little bad because it is mentioned he is slightly less abled in his mental capacity, but it’s Ok because I know that movies are not real – movies, unicorns and good politicians – so I still LOL all over the place. I actually cannot watch this film while eating because I almost spit up my lunch.

Go watch it. Watch it now.

Make heaps of mess crumbing the chicken

Make heaps of mess crumbing the chicken

All crumbed up and looking for a pan

All crumbed up and looking for a pan

Found the pan

Found the pan

And now it's time to find my belly

And now it’s time to find my belly

HOME MADE CHICKEN NUGGETY THINGS with OVEN CHIPS and COLESLAW (for 4)

600g free range chicken breast or thigh, cut into little nugget pieces
Breadcrumbs (crumb a GF loaf if you can’t do the wheat), flour and egg mix to crumb
Seasoning
4-5 large potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chips
Coleslaw and dipping sauces to serve

• This is so simple writing this recipe down hurts me
• To crumb the chicken first coat it in flour, then eggwash and then breadcrumbs. Put it through the egg and crumbs again if you want them super crusty. Put them aside while you get the rest of dinner ready
• Cook the chips or, if you can’t do that by yourself my recipe is here
• Make coleslaw. Once again, my recipe is here
• Shallow fry the nuggets in oil over a medium heat until cooked and golden brown
• Serve it all up with some tomato sauce (ketchup) for the kids and yoghurt with pomegranate molasses for the bigger kids
• Nom nom nom

I found they were complimented perfectly by a fistful of tasty beers, while the boys preferred to wash their nuggets and chips down with more nuggets and chips.

27 comments on “Chicken nugget type things… made by you… at home

1. LFFL says:

Lol! That first paragraph’s hilarious! Stand up comedy is next for you.

2. cheergerm says:

Still haven’t watched Anchorman but will get to it right quick. Just finished watching Chef with Jon Favreau and am so buying myself a food truck. These are totally up wee sproglets alley. Nice one Mr Food but what do you mean unicorns aren’t real…WTF!!!!!!!

1. Yeah, sorry about that whole unicorn thing. That reminds me of when I told my youngest brother the Easter bunny isn’t real. That was not a good time. Poor kid was so cut.
      We’re cool now though.

1. cheergerm says:

Now it’s the Easter Bunny!!!!????

3. Mr Fitz says:

Didn’t find anchorman that funny .. Sorry

1. It’s cool. Maybe it was just me! 🙂

1. Mr Fitz says:

Am in a bar in cork Ireland .. The people here make me laugh out loud!

2. At least you’re laughing at something!!

3. Mr Fitz says:

Oh yeah!! I don’t think they mean it

4. Great idea…always a good idea not to feed children shit…love the Anchorman:)

1. That is a good point… Thank you, my friend 🙂

5. Dana Fashina says:

Yooo.
    Another win.
    Yup.

6. kandee2013 says:

You KILL me … 🙂

7. Conor Bofin says:

Those would keep my adult kids quiet for a while. Good job.

1. Cheers.
      They kept me quiet for a bit… Or was that the beers…

1. Conor Bofin says:

We both know…. The beer.

8. Amanda says:

Oh man this was like a go-to fave growing up. NIce work!

9. laurajm4 says:

I love how you write, I love the name of your blog and I love chicken nuggets!! To sum up, your blog rocks!! 😀

10. We’ve seen Anchorman several times. Hilarious! Your nuggets look fabulous and I love your description of the freezer section “the place where the idea of good food goes to die a slow, painful death, with wire in it’s eyes and everything..” Ha, you nailed it. 🙂

1. Thank you my friend. These things rock with a good gluten free crumb, too! 🙂

11. laurasmess says:

I really liked eating shit as a child. Mostly as it was fried, tasty (like MSG tasty) and I had no idea what was in it. But now that I am fully grown I definitely agree that the crap in the supermarket freezer should probably stay there… and these nuggety chicken things are a great alternative. Your young Padawans are lucky.

1. Thank Laura. Um, like, you actually ate shit when you were a kid? Don’t worry, it’s cool, I did too, but I didn’t think you’d be in that crew 🙂 🙂 🙂
      Cheers